Preeminent privacy scholar and George Washington University Law School professor, Daniel Solove joined Ropes & Gray’s virtual conference on “The Future of Global Data Protection,” for a wide-ranging discussion with Edward McNicholas, co-leader of the Ropes & Gray data, privacy & cybersecurity practice, in which the pair explored:
- The state of complexity and inconsistency in the international privacy law landscape
- The inherent flaws in the models on which privacy laws are currently based
- The risks of moving toward a regulatory model
- Theories of harm in data breach cases
- The role of the courts in adjudicating privacy laws
Please see below for an overview of some of these topics, or to access a recording of the session please visit our blog: RopesDataPhiles.